MFP offers a premium service that allows a user to customize specific values based on their personal nutritional goals. If you are looking to just use the free version of MFP, follow these simple steps to adjust your macro numbers.
Log on to Myfitnesspal.com.
- Click “Goals” in the “MY HOME” tab.
- Click on the “Edit” button in Daily Nutrition Goals – You will be adjusting the Carbohydrates, fats, and protein values to closely match your daily goals.
- From your macro numbers you should have a general idea of how many calories you will be consuming for the day. If you are unsure, you can reference your excel spreadsheet or a fully completed MFP day of tracking for a daily calorie total.
- 1 Protein gram = 4 calories
- 1 Carbohydrate gram = 4 Calories
- 1 Fat gram = 9 Calories
- Example: 180g Protein, 150g Carbs, 67g Fat = 180g x 4 ; 150g x 4 ; 67g x 9 : Total calories = 1923
- Enter in your calorie number
- Adjust your percentages until the grams match your original macro values
Follow us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/AllthePlates/
Instagram: @Lift_AllthePlates (https://www.instagram.com/lift_alltheplates)
Twitter: @Alltheplates (https://twitter.com/Alltheplates)